Saturday, January 10, 2009

hungry!

wow
I woke up with an animal in my stomach today.

the first thing I thought about after the clouds cleared from my mind was

::where is my breakfast::


I work early in the morning during the week (7am), and I have a bad habit of rushing off with nothing in hand (take this morning... left my beautiful half of a canteloupe just sitting there in the fridge.... all lonely). sometimes I'm able to grab a banana or apple from the grocery across the street before I begin my day, but other than that I don't have much to sustain me.

I've been keeping a jar of almond butter in the work fridge, so that helps.

when I went to the grocery the other day, I picked up a packet of vegan Indian stew-ish stuff that was incredible. I'll talk more about ethnic foods and diet later, but I absolutely loved loved loved the vegetables and sauce (and only 140 cals for half of the packet!). I mixed in some stir-fried tofu for some substance, and I was a very happy girl at lunch for a couple days.

so I'm thinking that the next time I go shopping, I'll stock up on some of those boxes, and keep them at work. saving money + eating healthy is always a good thing!

now I'm getting hungry just thinking about food again... my choices aren't so hot today:

a.m. food
1 orange
1 banana

lunch
2 slices whole grain sprouted bread
2 tbsp. raw almond butter

snack
1 apple

dinner
salad (romaine, celery, tomato, cucumber, salsa)
2 baked red potatoes with onions (+ 1 tsp. butter)


pretty sparse.

No comments:

Post a Comment