Sunday, January 25, 2009

weekends.

are you a food and exercise weekender?

I used to be. I would work so hard on perfecting my diet and lifestyle on the monday through friday that when the weekend came along, I indulged and blew all of my hard work.

lately, I'm finding a balance.

it's both a balance between treating myself to small portions of food I typically don't eat, and not berating myself for doing it.

I think that's one of the bigger challenges I'm facing, with this lifestyle change. to not regard food as "bad" or "good," to not think that I'm "forbidding myself" to eat one thing or another. to not regard myself as "bad" or "good" when I do eat one thing or another. it's just food, right?

I guess that last line is something I need to repeat to myself.
it's something that I would guess a lot of people need to tell themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment